There are abundant sources of self-appointed trainers with unreliable hoax information online that no wonder people feel confused, especially women about whether training is good or bad.
Let us breakdown all the myths, separate facts from fiction so you can obtain surety about what you’re is right or wrong in terms of your fitness goals. I would like to break-down a few myths and misconceptions about weight training.
Myths
1: lifting weights will make me look bulky
Every time when I think that this myth is gone for good it swoops back into the world of fitness. So I’m going to continue repeating until I stop hearing it around the gym or on internet: lifting weight doesn’t make you bulky.
It’s pretty basic: Women don’t produce nearly enough testosterone to bulk up. Men who have 20-25 times more testosterone than women, and it still takes them years of patience along with heavy lifting and a well managed high nutrition diet.
If you are new to lifting, you are likely to improve more quickly. The growth process tends to slow as months turn into years. The most important thing is to do what you like and it doesn’t matter what anyone else think about it. What others think about you is irrelevant. You do you girl!
2: Spot reduction
“It’s impossible to get rid of this belly fat”
“I want to only burn fats around my belly, inner thighs and lower back”
“I cannot get rid of these love handles”
These are the most basic things that I hear most of the time from females in the gym, on internet or wherever I go.
Fat get accumulated early in the regions like love handles, lower back, inner thighs and lower abdominals and gets extracted off at the end. Fats cannot be targeted specifically in any area of the body. Scientifically it’s not possible. However you can reduce the visual impact of these areas by reducing overall body fat and increasing muscle size. Also by building muscles in the targeted area can diminish your fat content in the troubled area. Just don’t believe in things that promise Fat reduction in a targeted area.
3: I workout so I can eat whatever I want.
As much as I love to eat what I crave, I know it doesn’t work that way. You burn calories from working out, but not nearly enough to compensate for hogging down whatever that strikes your fancy. All you need to do is to restrict your diet and try to make it more balanced and calculative. Count the number of calories, fats, protein and carbs that you consume in a day. You just need to restraint. Also having an occasional cheat diet is just fine. Diet and craving goes hand in hand. The more you restrain the more you crave. If you screw up and go a bit high with desserts, chuck it move on. Don’t try to compensate it with extra cardio or working out more and by “punishing” yourself.
4: I’m not losing weight, my fitness program is not working
Weighing scale is not the only indicator for progress. A person can lose fat and gain lean mass at the same time. This could make you weigh even more on the scale when you are actually losing body fat. You can look more lean and muscular even if the scale says you’re gaining weight.
Let's review some of the key points you need to know to design a machine workout that will get you started on a weightlifting regimen.
1. Focus on your form.
2. Don’t push yourself far beyond your comfort zone
3. Remember to rest.
4. Keep it simple, sister.
Beginner’s gym workout:
Grow comfortable with these machine-based exercises and when you're ready, you can move into the free weight section and expand your exercise repertoire!
Before you start, don’t forget WARM UP
2 set, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
2
1 set, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
3
2 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
4
2 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
5
1 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
6
2 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
7
4 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
Beginner’s home-based workout:
Before you start, don’t forget WARM UP
~20 bodyweight squats
3 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
~10 push ups
2 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
~20 walking lunges – 10 each leg
6 sets, 10 reps (rest 60 seconds)
~15 second plank
3 sets, 30 seconds each (rest 30 seconds)
~30 jumping jacks
2 sets, 10 reps














Very apt and quiet informative tells us about which zones to concentrate about.. Will definitely try and hope fr d results
ReplyDelete